Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to repair rear cup holders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My nieces and nephew are wonderful, but they do like to swing their legs when riding in the back seat. (The less said about their excitement around the whoopee cushion feature, the better 🙂)

Anyway, they kicked the rear console cupholder enough times that the spring doesn’t work so great anymore. Is this something I can fix myself, or take it in?

Here are some general steps you can take to repair rear cup holders in a Tesla:

1. Identify the problem: The first step is to identify what's causing the cup holder to malfunction. Common issues include broken springs, damaged brackets, or loose screws. Take a close look at the cup holder and try to determine the cause of the problem.
  2. Remove the cup holder: If you need to repair or replace the cup holder, you'll need to remove it from the vehicle. Refer to the vehicle's owner manual or search online for specific instructions on how to remove the cup holder from your particular Tesla model.
  3. Inspect the cup holder: Once you've removed the cup holder, inspect it closely to identify the cause of the problem. Look for any broken or damaged parts that need to be replaced.
  4. Replace the damaged parts: If you've identified any broken or damaged parts, you'll need to replace them. You can order replacement parts from Tesla or a third-party supplier. Follow the instructions that come with the replacement parts to install them correctly.
  5. Reinstall the cup holder: Once you've repaired or replaced any damaged parts, reinstall the cup holder back into the vehicle. Make sure all screws and brackets are securely in place.
  6. Test the cup holder: Test the cup holder to make sure it's functioning properly. Try inserting a cup or bottle to make sure it fits securely and doesn't wobble or fall out.
If you're not comfortable repairing the cup holder yourself, it's best to take your Tesla to a certified Tesla service center. They'll have the expertise and tools necessary to repair the cup holder correctly and ensure it's functioning safely.

Upvote 0