Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to secure Samsung SSD (T5/T7)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a early 2020 Model Y (original console and no USB in glovebox). What is the best way to secure a Samsung T5/T7 in the center console? Not sure what the best way to keep it from bouncing around and/or pulling the cord out of the USB port.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Not sure if this is the correct product for your vehicle, but one option I can think of is to buy a USB hub (similar to this). The USB hub should come with a metal plate that you can attach to your SSD using the included 3M tape. You then plug your SSD to the USB-A plug on the inside of that hub. The inside of the hub is magnetic, so your SSD can then be secured to the hub after you've placed the metal plate, which would prevent the SSD from bouncing around inside the center console.

Not sure if this is the correct product for your vehicle, but one option I can think of is to buy a USB hub (similar to this). The USB hub should come with a metal plate that you can attach to your SSD using the included 3M tape. You then plug your SSD to the USB-A plug on the inside of that hub. The inside of the hub is magnetic, so your SSD can then be secured to the hub after you've placed the metal plate, which would prevent the SSD from bouncing around inside the center console.
That's what I have. Two years now and 25,000 miles with no issues going through winters and summers. It's nice to have it tucked down there and away from sight.