Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if a car has FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at a used Tesla Model 3 online and one of the pics shows an "Autopilot" screen. There are buttons for Auto steer, Navigate on Autopilot, and Summon. All are listed as Beta.
I assume this means it has FSD but I'm not sure. Of course the used car dealer is clueless.

I'm looking at a used Tesla Model 3 online and one of the pics shows an "Autopilot" screen. There are buttons for Auto steer, Navigate on Autopilot, and Summon. All are listed as Beta.
I assume this means it has FSD but I'm not sure. Of course the used car dealer is clueless.

Car could have EAP and have all of those.

If they show the Software settings screen instead of the Autopilot settings, you will see which AP/EAP/FSD package the car has, you will also see if the car is grandfathered into the lifetime Premium Connectivity plan that we’re available until mid-2018. This overview of the car’s features on the Software page was a recent addition, sometime in the last 2 months.

There was an article about a person who bought a used Tesla with FSD, and after he had the car for a while, the FSD was taken away by an OTA update. Tesla contended that the new owner had to pay Tesla separately for the FSD feature.

There was an article about a person who bought a used Tesla with FSD, and after he had the car for a while, the FSD was taken away by an OTA update. Tesla contended that the new owner had to pay Tesla separately for the FSD feature.