Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot button not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening! Picked up my new MX today, replacing my MS and just want to make sure I’m not missing something before I open a ticket with service. The autopilot button on the steering wheel (refresh MX) does absolutely nothing when pressed. I understand the FSD transfer needs a software update for FSD to work, but I should still be able to use standard feature like adaptive cruise control and auto steer on highways/marked roads I’d assume? The cameras calibrated on my drive home, and the autopilot icon does show on the screen but wether I single or double press on the button on the wheel, nothing happens.

I’m guessing that button on the wheel just isn’t working right, but figured I’d double check here first. Tried rebooting the car as well with no luck.

Thanks, and I’m loving the car so far! Noticeably more room than the MS I had 😀

Yes @CodeeCB, @gsxdsm is correct, you press directly on the right hand scroll wheel to activate TACC & AUTOPILOT. It depends on your settings under Autopilot as to whether it's 1 press for both or 2 presses, first for TACC, second press for AUTOPILOT.

Don't worry about being embarrassed, I got in my wife's Y after driving the X for a couple months and I couldn't figure out how to unlock and open the passenger door so my wife could get in. I called out to my wife and she yelled IT'S NOT AN X WITH AUTO OPEN DOORS, IT'S A Y. JUST UNLOCK THE DOOR, I'LL OPEN IT! I'm still living that one down.

Last edited: