Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn those reservations into orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an idea that came to me at 0'dark-thirty. There are pundits and profits who speculate how many of these preorders will become actual orders. All of them? 10% of them? There is much speculation on whether supercharger access will be included. There is speculation on the free gift for day one in-store orders. Here's an idea: What if Tesla included free supercharger access for the day one orderers as a gift? Yes. It would add the burden of 150,000 cars to the system. However, I believe it would be an excellent way to get people to confirm their orders. How could you pass that up? Downside: They may lose $2,500 (pure speculation) for each "free access" upgrade. I think it could prevent the Nissan Leaf pre-order debacle. Thoughts?

• Disagree
Reactions: voip-ninja
Bad idea. This would make subsequent Model 3 customers (the overwhelming majority of potential Model 3 owners) very unhappy. Elon only promised a token of appreciation for those who stood in line on day 1, not what amounts to a substantial monetary discount.

Is it really that crazy? $6 billion in sales would sure be one heck of an incentive.
Yes, but how many billions of sales will be lost because Model 3 reservation holders from the evening of March 31 going forward cancel their reservations and large numbers of potential future customers decide not to even consider buying a Model 3 because they feel being shortchanged is one heck of a disincentive?

Yes, but how many billions of sales will be lost because Model 3 reservation holders from the evening of March 31 going forward cancel their reservations and large numbers of potential future customers decide not to even consider buying a Model 3 because they feel being shortchanged is one heck of a disincentive?

not forgetting how much in the red they already are.

token gestures, like "exclusive" t-shirts or mugs. No doubt a lot of them will end up on ebay...

not forgetting how much in the red they already are.
token gestures, like "exclusive" t-shirts or mugs. No doubt a lot of them will end up on ebay...

Already on eBay ...

upload_2016-4-11_9-32-11.png
upload_2016-4-11_9-39-5.png
s-l225.jpg