TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to turn those reservations into orders

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by hdgmedic, Apr 11, 2016.

1. hdgmedic

hdgmedic Member

I had an idea that came to me at 0'dark-thirty. There are pundits and profits who speculate how many of these preorders will become actual orders. All of them? 10% of them? There is much speculation on whether supercharger access will be included. There is speculation on the free gift for day one in-store orders. Here's an idea: What if Tesla included free supercharger access for the day one orderers as a gift? Yes. It would add the burden of 150,000 cars to the system. However, I believe it would be an excellent way to get people to confirm their orders. How could you pass that up? Downside: They may lose $2,500 (pure speculation) for each "free access" upgrade. I think it could prevent the Nissan Leaf pre-order debacle. Thoughts?

• Dislike x 1
  2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Not going to happen ... you may receive a keychain or hat for Day 1 orders.

3. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Bad idea. This would make subsequent Model 3 customers (the overwhelming majority of potential Model 3 owners) very unhappy. Elon only promised a token of appreciation for those who stood in line on day 1, not what amounts to a substantial monetary discount.

4. Scott Franco

Scott Franco Member

Apparently the gift was a free joint, since you have already started smoking yours.....

• Like x 1
  5. hdgmedic

hdgmedic Member

Is it really that crazy? $6 billion in sales would sure be one heck of an incentive.

6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Yes, but how many billions of sales will be lost because Model 3 reservation holders from the evening of March 31 going forward cancel their reservations and large numbers of potential future customers decide not to even consider buying a Model 3 because they feel being shortchanged is one heck of a disincentive?

7. Deepan

Deepan Member

not forgetting how much in the red they already are.

token gestures, like "exclusive" t-shirts or mugs. No doubt a lot of them will end up on ebay...

8. deonb

deonb Active Member

The best way to turn these reservations into orders is by opening the order web site.

There's no need for anything else. Well, except the car of course...

• Love x 1
  9. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Already on eBay ...

upload_2016-4-11_9-32-11.png upload_2016-4-11_9-39-5.png [​IMG]

10. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Member

That isn't it. Those are bootleg products. I already have a shirt and a sweatshirt, which was purchased before this token was even mentioned. I'm wearing the sweatshirt right now actually.

11. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Agreed ... all not licensed by Tesla.

12. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Member

Speaking of Tesla clothing. I need a new hat but want one with a 'normal' bill and in L/XL. Seems they are all sold out on the site and they only had small size in the store. What gives?