Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to wash a car during winter season? I do not have a garage, live in a condo building

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) I find videos by Larry with Ammo NYC on Youtube to be very informative and helpful. Yes, he is posting these videos in part to sell his products, but he is extremely knowledgeable and well respected in the detailing world. Below I have pasted a link to a video he did on three different ways to wash your car in the winter.

He sells a waterless wash foaming product called Frothe. If you are working in very cold temps, he also sells an additive you can use to prevent the solution from freezing while you work it.

2) I have done rinseless washes exclusively for 4 years and I find zero scratches induced. The key is to use the right products and the right techniques. It is very easy to scratch your car during the drying step, so make sure you read up on how to dry your car without scratching the paint (for example, using a drying aid). Finally, when you wash your microfiber towels, make sure you dry them on ultra low temps and do NOT use fabric softener. High drying temps and fabric softener will actually harden the microfiber fibers, which will then scratch your paint the next time you use them.