Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC not upgrading firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 HPWCs, Gen3. I bought both of them used. They work fine individually, but I'm trying to link them, and the newer one upgraded to firmware 21.18.1 which allows for that, but the older one is still on 1.4.4 which doesn't.

Clicking the "Check for Updates" on the older one returns nothing. It's connected to the internet and I have checkmarks that it's connected to Tesla, etc, but no upgrade. Any idea how to encourage it to upgrade? Or do I need to call Tesla.

Again, both are Gen 3, so this SHOULD work.

I have 2 HPWCs, Gen3. I bought both of them used. They work fine individually, but I'm trying to link them, and the newer one upgraded to firmware 21.18.1 which allows for that, but the older one is still on 1.4.4 which doesn't.

Clicking the "Check for Updates" on the older one returns nothing. It's connected to the internet and I have checkmarks that it's connected to Tesla, etc, but no upgrade. Any idea how to encourage it to upgrade? Or do I need to call Tesla.

Again, both are Gen 3, so this SHOULD work.

I had to do a manual upgrade. Download the latest firmware from this page. Connect to http://192.168.92.1/service on the HPWC's hotspot, and install the firmware manually.

Interesting. I had seen this online, but was just recieved 404 errors that the page wasn't found. Since multiple people on here told me to try, I picked at it a bit...

None of these pages exist/work in Canada. By deleting the /en_CA from the browser, and then stopping the redirect, I was able to get to the page and download the file. If someone after me tries, I'll say that you need to be quick, I put my mouse over the reload (which becomes stop while a page is loading) button in the browser, and hit enter to load the page. As soon as it shows up, click stop.

Downloading it was no problem from there once I scrolled down.

Thanks to all who responded.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd