Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC gone haywire after update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed today the following items stopped working after a recent update:

1) Remote A/C control: now it gives me a “failed to turn on climate” error message on the phone.
- I’ve tried uninstalling the android app and reinstall
- I’ve tried rebooting the main screen
- I’ve tried unpair & re-pair the phone as key

2) Dog Mode/Stay On no longer works: I press it and even with 70% charge it won’t stay on

3) Auto A/C is very weak: the interior temperature is ~100F, unless I have the temperature set at LO or 60F, the highest fan setting the car will automatically blow is 4, which is ridiculous.

Anyone having the same issues?

Those all seem to be problems with the MCU (main screen) computer. Things like this are fairly common after a firmware update. Even though you have tried a reset, try it a few more times. You can read here frequently that a second reset worked when the first reset did not. Also try the power off reset. I think this works for a 3 as well, but I haven't tried it. Turn the car off with the "Power Off" button, probably in the service menu. Sit still for 5 minutes (takes some time for everything to shut down). Start the car again with the brake pedal. That's supposed to reset more stuff than just the MCU. That's also pretty much the same as letting the car sit overnight and go to sleep, so frequently these problems will disappear over night. I think that's about all you can do without going to the service center/mobile service, thought the SC might have some ideas if you set up an appointment.