Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3P rear ac vent not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rear ac vent does not flow when I turn the ac on unless I put the ac in Doggie mode first. It will then stay flowing when I turn the dog mode off. Is this really the only way to get the rear vent to flow? I've tries the owners manual without help and every control I see on the screen.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
The backseat vents turn on when there is pressure detected in the rear seats. If you have someone / something back there and have disabled the seatbelt warning sensor it may not trigger the air-conditioning - I'm not actually certain how that condition works.

My rear ac vent does not flow when I turn the ac on unless I put the ac in Doggie mode first. It will then stay flowing when I turn the dog mode off. Is this really the only way to get the rear vent to flow? I've tries the owners manual without help and every control I see on the screen.

Previous poster is correct. I often turn on the passengers's side and rear airflow when driving alone.

It's all done in the Climate menu. Just tap the HVAC controls on the bottom of the screen. Tap the passenger's side dash (where the air would come out) and it'll turn on. Then switch to Rear (on the left side) and tap the On button.

Reactions: brianbcc