Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hype and Competition [Regarding competing EVs]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Kia and Hyundai are making some compelling options, smartly designed vehicles, 800v, bi-directional charging. And that their next offerings will be full sized SUVs, which is still a bit of an untouched market for SUVs, gives them an chunky ICE market segment to chip away at.
Until you have to deal with their 'service' network and Kia corporate. My first and probably last experience with Kia was a service nightmare turned legal issue. I sold my Kia Stinger 3.3T and got an M3 AWD LR. Faster car and much less stress.

3 cars I'm looking at for late next to replace my 718 GTS as it will hit the 4 year warranty mark. Will probably replace my beater car and I won't ever buy oil or gas again.. Tesla Model 3 performance, BMW I4 M50, Porsche Macan electric.
Porsche Macan would probably be close to 100k with options, BMW probably around 80k with all options I want. Tesla hopefully not much more than it is now.

I think Tesla 3, but will keep all my options open.

Until you have to deal with their 'service' network and Kia corporate. My first and probably last experience with Kia was a service nightmare turned legal issue. I sold my Kia Stinger 3.3T and got an M3 AWD LR. Faster car and much less stress.

I just saw a news report yesterday, some of their cars have issues causing fires and it's their gas models. One video showed it in flames as it was driving down a road.