Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am back! 220k miles later

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought my first Tesla in 2014... drove it for 219,000 miles and I just place an order a week ago for a MYP. Looking at all the delays with deliveries and potential quality issues makes me say, WOW. things have changes much since 2014 with the ordering process. Each day my EDD gets pushed a day. My model S is slowly dying so I hope the Y gets here soon!

Bought my first Tesla in 2014... drove it for 219,000 miles and I just place an order a week ago for a MYP. Looking at all the delays with deliveries and potential quality issues makes me say, WOW. things have changes much since 2014 with the ordering process. Each day my EDD gets pushed a day. My model S is slowly dying so I hope the Y gets here soon!
Welcome back! Can you provide some of your experiences with your S? Battery degradation? Some of the repairs you had to make? Why you decided to go with a Y instead of any other Tesla model?

Just watching Youtube videos and reading it appears there are still some from the factory issues and the checklist someone made in 2014 got longer. Although my 2014 S was pretty good upon delivery.

My S has 220K miles so I am not complaining... that is a lot of miles. But the suspension is really squeaky, I am only getting about 140 miles to a charge at 90%. I went through at least 3-4 drive units and I just got another alert last week that car needs service may not restart, both screens are super bubbled like bad tint, etc... apparently if it is another drive unit that is a 6K repair so I just decided it was time to get a new one.

I did save approx $30K in gas over those miles!

Welcome back! Can you provide some of your experiences with your S? Battery degradation? Some of the repairs you had to make? Why you decided to go with a Y instead of any other Tesla model?
I answered a few of those in my last post... but I really wanted the new S but the wait times for that bad boy are pretty extreme. I am very impatient. lol. The 3 is too small, I was never a fan of the looks of the X unless the rear doors are open. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Y when it came out but it has grown on me.

I answered a few of those in my last post... but I really wanted the new S but the wait times for that bad boy are pretty extreme. I am very impatient. lol. The 3 is too small, I was never a fan of the looks of the X unless the rear doors are open. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Y when it came out but it has grown on me.
One thing you might try:
Go to your local SC and see what they have in stock. When we bought (on a whim) we went to test drive one. Decided to buy and casually asked if they had any white on white? Their response was, “we have 4, would you like a hitch, no hitch, wheels or no wheels”. This was when the order page was showing 8-10 weeks for delivery. I asked them about it and they said their inventory isn’t listed on the website. We walked out that night with a new Y. Just reserved the vin they had with a $100 deposit and did all the paperwork online. Bright side was inspecting the car before going thru the process. We had no quality issues.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up