Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am going to put down a deposit!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if they will accept deposits for the Y. They know there is no way they will get anywhere near the 400,000 that the Model 3 had so it will look bad if they "only" get 50,000 deposits. It would tank the stock even if the actual demand is high when the car is available.

I could see maybe $100 deposits to show intent, but not $1,000.

I'm not sure if they will accept deposits for the Y. They know there is no way they will get anywhere near the 400,000 that the Model 3 had so it will look bad if they "only" get 50,000 deposits. It would tank the stock even if the actual demand is high when the car is available.

I could see maybe $100 deposits to show intent, but not $1,000.

I’m don’t know why you’re so sure they won’t get the reservations. Tesla is more in the public consciousness than it was back in 2016. People probably have friends who have a Tesla, and are probably going to be more likely to buy one now. And SUVs are way more popular than sedans. That said, maybe Tesla won’t emphasize reservations as much this time.

As someone who still does not own a Tesla I’m still very excited to order and get my Model Y.

I’m don’t know why you’re so sure they won’t get the reservations. Tesla is more in the public consciousness than it was back in 2016. People probably have friends who have a Tesla, and are probably going to be more likely to buy one now. And SUVs are way more popular than sedans. That said, maybe Tesla won’t emphasize reservations as much this time.

As someone who still does not own a Tesla I’m still very excited to order and get my Model Y.
A bunch of people at my office are asking, so people like it.

Yes I cancelled two reservations for Model 3's and one order for a Model S that Tesla lost. Where do you find the time to do extensive research to prove nothing?

No research necessary -- I remembered your "colorful" posting history, including supposedly canceling reservations multiple times, making new reservations after supposedly complaining to the AG's office about how Tesla handled an earlier reservation, references to "Elon Madoff," etc.

I'm cancelling too, Elon is just a high tech "Madoff"

Hey! It’s not my credibility that has hit zero, it’s Elon Madoff....

It was unusual enough that the ever-so-diplomatic @bonnie commented on it.

So you cancelled last year, saying you were going to the AG or something. And then you made another reservation? Why, if you were so upset?

And now, after all that you say you have made another reservation. I will be fascinated to hear what horrible thing "Elon Madoff" has in store for you this time around (the fourth or fifth).

• Funny
Reactions: Swampgator
Yes I cancelled two model 3 $1000 reservations, and one model S Instock order. Can you prove otherwise? If you can I’ll give you $1000. All of my records are available. What do you want first?

Mr Musk has many unfulfilled timelines including some FSD prepaids and no product delivered. He appears to be delivering on many timelines now, my prediction of Elon being Mr Madoff, appeara incorrect. The Solar City deal and prepaid FSD do not seem to have served shareholders and Tesla buyers best interests as of now.

Yes I cancelled two model 3 $1000 reservations, and one model S Instock order. Can you prove otherwise? If you can I’ll give you $1000. All of my records are available. What do you want first?

Mr Musk has many unfulfilled timelines including some FSD prepaids and no product delivered. He appears to be delivering on many timelines now, my prediction of Elon being Mr Madoff, appeara incorrect. The Solar City deal and prepaid FSD do not seem to have served shareholders and Tesla buyers best interests as of now.

Yawn. Anyone who likes can look up your posting history from past years (I see you've tried to make a "fresh start" by peppering TMC with positive posts recently).

I'm content to just wait to see what evil thing "Elon Madoff" and Tesla have in store for you in the latest chapter of your story. [insert popcorn emoji here].

Last edited:
Yawn. Anyone who likes can look up your posting history from past years (I see you've tried to make a "fresh start" by peppering TMC with positive posts recently).

I'm content to just wait to see what evil thing "Elon Madoff" and Tesla have in store for you in the latest chapter of your story. [insert popcorn emoji here].

You troll with unproven accusations for free. Why not prove them for $1000.......yawn....cause you can’t.....yawn...

Part of me hopes they stay away from taking deposits for this. It’s going to lead to hysteria and anger. I can see deposits working on more limited Model S, X and Roadster but I see no place for them in a Model Y or 3. I hope they learned their lesson from the 3. At this point if they can afford to pay off 920M in debt cash they should be able to finance their next projects.

I’m up for opening orders up a few months before production but no deposits