Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

I am willing to buy a Model S - Grey (or black)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't seem like it, I got a reservation slot that says 'Dec 2013'. Got this confirmed by HQ in netharlands.. none will be available before end of year.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know about 3 phase. What's the advantage? Quicker charging? You think it will be incompatible with charging stations?

Doesn't seem like it, I got a reservation slot that says 'Dec 2013'. Got this confirmed by HQ in netharlands.. none will be available before end of year.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know about 3 phase. What's the advantage? Quicker charging? You think it will be incompatible with charging stations?

I'd just wait at this point. At most you'll only save maybe 3 months and save a ton of shipping. You'll also only have a car with the US Tesla plug and single phase power and won't be EU compliant meaning service may be more of an issue over there.

If Belgium has 3 phase power to the house, it means you'll be able to charge quicker there and also use more of the public chargers with the Mennekes plug.

Model S Specs and Standard Features | Tesla Motors

This is a good thread to review
Europe: Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase? (Part 2))

and this post in that thread
Europe: Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase? (Part 2) - Page 38

Last edited:
Nitpicker's corner: "WTB" is "want to buy" and I presume that's where you got the title from. "Willing" expresses something significantly different, like being "willing" to pick someone up at the airport -- i.e. you're doing the person a favor.

Sorry to nitpick but you hit a pet peeve of mine.

Getting to your vehicle.... I'd just wait if I were you. There seem to be new goodies included in the base vehicles as new markets open up. Canada got some goodies for example. For your market, the charging options are changing as others have mentioned. For these reasons, I'd wait. Also keep in mind that if you import a U.S. market vehicle you may have to go through some hassles to make it street legal for you. "Homologation" takes care of this already for vehicles that the manufacturer builds specifically for that market.

I'd just wait at this point. At most you'll only save maybe 3 months and save a ton of shipping. You'll also only have a car with the US Tesla plug and single phase power and won't be EU compliant meaning service may be more of an issue over there.

If Belgium has 3 phase power to the house, it means you'll be able to charger quicker there and also use more of the public chargers with the Mennekes plug.

Model S Specs and Standard Features | Tesla Motors

This is a good thread to review
Europe: Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase? (Part 2))

and this post in that thread
Europe: Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase? (Part 2) - Page 38

I'd give you a positive reputation point except I already did for another post!

One of the best things about Tesla is the owner group and community. :)

Canada got some goodies? All I remember is leather seats being standard with a corresponding price increase...

Nitpicker's corner: "WTB" is "want to buy" and I presume that's where you got the title from. "Willing" expresses something significantly different, like being "willing" to pick someone up at the airport -- i.e. you're doing the person a favor.

Sorry to nitpick but you hit a pet peeve of mine.

Getting to your vehicle.... I'd just wait if I were you. There seem to be new goodies included in the base vehicles as new markets open up. Canada got some goodies for example. For your market, the charging options are changing as others have mentioned. For these reasons, I'd wait. Also keep in mind that if you import a U.S. market vehicle you may have to go through some hassles to make it street legal for you. "Homologation" takes care of this already for vehicles that the manufacturer builds specifically for that market.