Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Bought AP and FSD for $5k Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought AP and FSD for $5k today. Obviously I originally passed it up when I took delivery. I was on the fence about EAP, but decided it was too expensive. FSD always seemed like a prayer to me, so that was never on the cards (except I figured I could always add it if/when it was released, depending on the price). However, now that FSD is essentially EAP (for the original 5k) plus a free promise, I am in. I had no intention of giving Tesla another $5k anytime soon, but the offer was too good, and now it’s evidently ‘limited time’, so I bit. I gave Tesla another $5k in cash in what sounds like a difficult quarter; I suspect this was Musk’s plan all along.

I’m fully aware I got a better deal than my contemporaries who bought FSD up front (or worse, after delivery), and I can understand their frustration, but I really think the ‘I want my free ride on a Falcon 9’ stuff has gone too far. I’ve been on the short end of the stick enough (delays to my car, so they could prioritize non-reservation holders nearer to Fremont, to boost Q3 deliveries last year, cost me $3000 in state rebates). I was a little bitter, sure, but I got over it. In the end I love the car, and I got what I paid for at the price I agreed to pay. And then some...

No seriously, and then some! I’m getting v3 supercharging, for FREE, an update Tesla would be well within their rights to charge us all $3,000 for. Fluffy pieces like sentry mode and dog sitter mode too, FREE. Then there is the power output boost, also FREE. We are all getting for free things we were never promised, and didn’t pay for. I don’t see anyone volunteering to write Tesla a check for these new features we were never promised.

My point is, you win some you lose some, but in the end Tesla is the only car I’ve ever had that is sometimes newer in the morning when I wake up than it was when I went to bed. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Seems to be a lot of soul searching and justification by many for parting with 5 grand or more, myself included 2 grand. I didn't tell my wife, she thinks all this extra stuff is a safety issue; a distraction. In my case, I like new technology and I see it as a safety positive. No buyers remorse here. What's another couple grand anyway, I'll just cut back on my alcohol consumption

• Funny
Reactions: Tezlah
I bought AP and FSD for $5k today. Obviously I originally passed it up when I took delivery. I was on the fence about EAP, but decided it was too expensive. FSD always seemed like a prayer to me, so that was never on the cards (except I figured I could always add it if/when it was released, depending on the price). However, now that FSD is essentially EAP (for the original 5k) plus a free promise, I am in. I had no intention of giving Tesla another $5k anytime soon, but the offer was too good, and now it’s evidently ‘limited time’, so I bit. I gave Tesla another $5k in cash in what sounds like a difficult quarter; I suspect this was Musk’s plan all along.

I’m fully aware I got a better deal than my contemporaries who bought FSD up front (or worse, after delivery), and I can understand their frustration, but I really think the ‘I want my free ride on a Falcon 9’ stuff has gone too far. I’ve been on the short end of the stick enough (delays to my car, so they could prioritize non-reservation holders nearer to Fremont, to boost Q3 deliveries last year, cost me $3000 in state rebates). I was a little bitter, sure, but I got over it. In the end I love the car, and I got what I paid for at the price I agreed to pay. And then some...

No seriously, and then some! I’m getting v3 supercharging, for FREE, an update Tesla would be well within their rights to charge us all $3,000 for. Fluffy pieces like sentry mode and dog sitter mode too, FREE. Then there is the power output boost, also FREE. We are all getting for free things we were never promised, and didn’t pay for. I don’t see anyone volunteering to write Tesla a check for these new features we were never promised.

My point is, you win some you lose some, but in the end Tesla is the only car I’ve ever had that is sometimes newer in the morning when I wake up than it was when I went to bed. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Good for you, and screw Fred Lambert for lobbying to have us all pay more just because he didn't get the deal. The dude is getting 2 FREE Roadsters. What a sore loser.

Reactions: dww12