Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I escaped a ticket, but just.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came upon a CHP while doing 67 mph on a 55 mph highway, "Speed Enforced By Radar" is more than just a pretty sign; he went into Christmas tree driving mode and proceeded to inform me he'd stopped me for my excessive speed. We agreed to the exact figure and he observed I also didn't have a front plate. Pretty sharp observation, considering he'd only seen that in his rear-view. So I was given a choice; be cited for the speed or the missing plate. Not a hard choice. Maybe it was lucky I had not put on the front plate or I wouldn't have had a get out of jail free card. I got religion off that interaction, as the cliche goes, and in Safety & Security placed a speed limit figure on the car. Fine, but then in town I darted across a busy one-way and learned Speed Limiter places me in Chill Mode also. So not happy about that coupling. Looks like switching back and forth from urban to country driving going forward.

Citation.png

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I bought the Genuine Slipstream Bracket sold by ThatGrin.com. It's the priciest Model Y front plate holder on the market at $146.30 (total price), but you don't have to drill holes in your car, install is EZPZ, and it look nicer than anything else out there. It also prevents you getting those $100 tickets (CO prices) when metermaids catch you on a city street or the po-po notices after a stop.

I should remove my front plate. ;)

It seems like literally everyone is speeding these days. I was cruising along at ~90mph on 101N heading home for lunch last week and cars were still passing me.

I came upon a CHP while doing 67 mph on a 55 mph highway, "Speed Enforced By Radar" is more than just a pretty sign; he went into Christmas tree driving mode and proceeded to inform me he'd stopped me for my excessive speed. We agreed to the exact figure and he observed I also didn't have a front plate. Pretty sharp observation, considering he'd only seen that in his rear-view. So I was given a choice; be cited for the speed or the missing plate. Not a hard choice. Maybe it was lucky I had not put on the front plate or I wouldn't have had a get out of jail free card. I got religion off that interaction, as the cliche goes, and in Safety & Security placed a speed limit figure on the car. Fine, but then in town I darted across a busy one-way and learned Speed Limiter places me in Chill Mode also. So not happy about that coupling. Looks like switching back and forth from urban to country driving going forward.

View attachment 661374