Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I INSTALLED A DEAD REST FOOT PEDAL FROM TAPTES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
01D82AA1-9F6F-43DC-8C19-5419EB14DFD7.jpeg
CB791C02-768A-445F-8F74-8B1B47F970C8.jpeg
I like it!

From Taptes. About $24 with free shipping if you are willing to wait for a 3-4 week delivery.

What ya think? Kinda completes the Performance aluminum brake and acceleration-decceleration pedals, yes?

Definitely looks nice and like it should have been included stock with the performance pedals.

When taped down does the pedal feel sturdy and secure? Does it feel like aluminum or metal? On their website I don’t see listed what it is made of.
It feels secure on the surface where your foot rests. There is a curved inch that covers the edge of the foot rest that is not taped, but that gets into the carpeted area anyway, and I was glad that it wasn’t secured when I had to remove it to get the placement just where I wanted it. It is a flexible metal (possibly aluminum?).

View attachment 375964 View attachment 375965 I like it!

From Taptes. About $24 with free shipping if you are willing to wait for a 3-4 week delivery.

What ya think? Kinda completes the Performance aluminum brake and acceleration-decceleration pedals, yes?
In another forum a member posted that the deadrest foot pedal from Taptes has rubber grommets running laterally, but it actually has cutouts in the metal that allow for the existing rubber that is already on the deadpedal footrest to position the aluminum cover on. The existing rubber ridges poke through the aluminum cover.

Slightly different matte/low gloss sheen from the oem pedals. But very close. In the low light under the dash nobody is likely to be able to tell unless they get down there, and even then it is difficultto discern a difference. But there is a difference if you examine it closely.
I can best describe it as stainless steel on the deadrest versus shiny, but matte, aluminum on the oem pedals.

Slightly different matte/low gloss sheen from the oem pedals. But very close. In the low light under the dash nobody is likely to be able to tell unless they get down there, and even then it is difficultto discern a difference. But there is a difference if you examine it closely.
Good to know. I bought one from RPM Tesla. It's glossy metal and doesn't match well with the existing pedals.

Reactions: Jaywlker