Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just bought Full Self Driving post purchase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Murph. That’s awesome. I wasn’t sure how much FSD was going up, but your estimate sounds about right. This makes me feel better about my purchase. The additional features to me aren’t gimmicks, they are things I will definitely use right away. Now I’m waiting not patiently for
the update to get pushed to my car. Enjoy your weekend.

I just got home from my first 200+ mile round trip with the vehicle and let me just say .... GO FSD!! NavOnAutopilot is magnificent. I must’ve done 50 lane changes that way, all executed flawlessly. I’ve only had the car a week and couldn’t imagine NOT being able to change lanes on full Autopilot. That’s just wonderful stuff.

I can’t wait for what’s next in the FSD department. If it works nearly as well as the auto lane changes did, it’s going to be life altering.

Seriously - we took a 200 mile R/T for dinner tonight, just so I could stretch the battery’s legs. Haven’t gone more than 20 miles at a time since getting the car. Wanted some time putzing with the various AI features. Getting more impressed with this purchase by the day.

Keep us posted on when it activates!

I just got home from my first 200+ mile round trip with the vehicle and let me just say .... GO FSD!! NavOnAutopilot is magnificent. I must’ve done 50 lane changes that way, all executed flawlessly. I’ve only had the car a week and couldn’t imagine NOT being able to change lanes on full Autopilot. That’s just wonderful stuff.

I can’t wait for what’s next in the FSD department. If it works nearly as well as the auto lane changes did, it’s going to be life altering.

Seriously - we took a 200 mile R/T for dinner tonight, just so I could stretch the battery’s legs. Haven’t gone more than 20 miles at a time since getting the car. Wanted some time putzing with the various AI features. Getting more impressed with this purchase by the day.

Keep us posted on when it activates!
Thanks very much Murph. Now we’re talking. Do you have the new computer? I believe it’s 3.0 I have the 2.5 version, and I’m hoping the car will perform as well as yours does.

Well right off the bat I think the best thing you'll get is auto lane change for Autopilot. Regardless of if your on navigate on autopilot or not. Just put the signal on and it will change lanes and turn off the signal for you. No more fighting with it like the standard AP.
Thanks very much Petrlol. That sounds awesome. Hopefully the update will arrive in the next few days.

Thanks very much Murph. Now we’re talking. Do you have the new computer? I believe it’s 3.0 I have the 2.5 version, and I’m hoping the car will perform as well as yours does.

I believe it’s the 2.5 version, since my software is now 2019.12.1 (it appears the HW3 cars are on 2019.7.x)

Doesn’t mean a thing though. Having the new hardware right now wouldn’t matter - doesn’t give the current software any new capability or features... and when it’s needed, I know Tesla will take care of it. So I’m not even thinking about it.

Looks like you’re a bit north of me. I travel to Waltham occasionally for work from here in NJ - and I always dread it. I tend to fly or take the Acela because that drive is a major pain. Now, I’m convinced it won’t be. Next time I’m driving it. Just loving this car more by the day.

Can’t wait to hear your experiences! Yesterday’s trip was on route 287 and then 78 between NJ and PA. Fairly typical interstate highway, and NoA performed great. Duly impressed!

• Love
Reactions: hcdavis3
I believe it’s the 2.5 version, since my software is now 2019.12.1 (it appears the HW3 cars are on 2019.7.x)

Doesn’t mean a thing though. Having the new hardware right now wouldn’t matter - doesn’t give the current software any new capability or features... and when it’s needed, I know Tesla will take care of it. So I’m not even thinking about it.

Looks like you’re a bit north of me. I travel to Waltham occasionally for work from here in NJ - and I always dread it. I tend to fly or take the Acela because that drive is a major pain. Now, I’m convinced it won’t be. Next time I’m driving it. Just loving this car more by the day.

Can’t wait to hear your experiences! Yesterday’s trip was on route 287 and then 78 between NJ and PA. Fairly typical interstate highway, and NoA performed great. Duly impressed!
Thanks Murph. Immediately after purchase of FSD I was thinking did I make a mistake? Your replies have allayed those fears. I use Teslafi and it tells me the option codes. Highlighted is 2.5. I’m a data nerd.

Thanks Murph. Immediately after purchase of FSD I was thinking did I make a mistake? Your replies have allayed those fears. I use Teslafi and it tells me the option codes. Highlighted is 2.5. I’m a data nerd.

I am too, but don’t trust those option codes on the Model 3. They’re basically dummy data coming out of the API. Every Model 3 is showing the same data, at least currently ...

If I had the old EAP package, maybe I’d be less happy with FSD. But I don’t, so FSD is the whole enchilada; just the few bites I’ve had already are very tasty. :)

• Informative
I am too, but don’t trust those option codes on the Model 3. They’re basically dummy data coming out of the API. Every Model 3 is showing the same data, at least currently ...

If I had the old EAP package, maybe I’d be less happy with FSD. But I don’t, so FSD is the whole enchilada; just the few bites I’ve had already are very tasty. :)
Interesting about option codes.

My car was delivered in early December 2018 with EAP and the purchase of FSD was truly a leap of faith for me, as a good portion of the current FSD was already a part of EAP.....
Morning j. Can you enlighten me on EAP? The only thing I know about it is the acronym isn’t Employee Assistance Program. o_O Curious what features you got when you purchased EAP vs what you have now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning j. Can you enlighten me on EAP? The only thing I know about it is the acronym isn’t Employee Assistance Program. o_O Curious what features you got when you purchased EAP.

Good Morning h,
Sorry - forgot there are two EAP acronyms...my car was delivered with Enhanced Auto Pilot. The choices back then were nothing, Enhanced Auto Pilot and off menu Full Self Driving (needed EAP to get this). Enhanced Auto Pilot came with the parking, summon, TACC, NOA, AutoSteer. Might be more that I am forgetting about.

Good Morning h,
Sorry - forgot there are two EAP acronyms...my car was delivered with Enhanced Auto Pilot. The choices back then were nothing, Enhanced Auto Pilot and off menu Full Self Driving (needed EAP to get this). Enhanced Auto Pilot came with the parking, summon, TACC, NOA, AutoSteer. Might be more that I am forgetting about.
Thanks j. Wasn’t there an early access program too?

I did not purchase AP or FSD with my second M3 purchase. At the time I placed the order it was $3K (AP) + $5K (FSD) at delivery, or $4K (AP) + $7K (FSD) post delivery.

I am now in 60 day trial. Current pricing on my account is $3K (AP) + $5500 (FSD), so only a $500 price increase.

In OP’s case they purchased AP but not FSD so they may not be given a 60 day trial with special trial pricing. However, I would still try to get Tesla to honor the $5,500 price since those who did not purchase AP are being offered that price during the trial.