Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just got PTO email from PGE, but now I dont know what to do exactly.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I have TWO phone numbers for Tesla energy support and both seem to have daytime only office hours, instead of 24 hours.

877-798-3752
877-961-7652

Is there one that has 24 hour support?

What does TRANSFERRING YOUR SYSTEM button mean, it is now showing up for the first time? I am not selling my house, dont know why this is there. (Tesla tells me this is a new thing on home screen, I guess. For when selling house)

My system was already on, powered up with PW 3 and it would stop producing when PW got to 100%.

I have NOT changed the PTO button on app yet to YES.

I am still on PGE rate plan E-1 per my account online at PGE. I am supposed to change that to EECE or something?

Thanks for any help.

(On hold with Tesla now, will leave this up but hopefully get all the info from them)

Last edited:
Have all the answers to my questions and it looks like I am on NEM 3.0 which I heard about before; the Tesla guy says it pays up to $.55 to me from PG&E per kilowatt to depending on the time of day, I’ve heard nothing of the sort in the past only that I would be paid more like four cents so I don’t know what he’s talking about. I guess we’ll find out.

It will probably take PG&E a couple billing cycles to make your PTO effective and billed correctly. That means that you will receive bills that look like you don’t have solar at all. You will just see lower billed kWh than before. They will then reverse those incorrect bills and bill them in the NEM or NBT billing system. I have not heard that anyone has received NEM 3 bills on the new Net Billing Tariff yet, so you will probably receive your first corrected bills on NEM2. When the new billing system is ready, then they will bill you according to the new tariff.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
It will probably take PG&E a couple billing cycles to make your PTO effective and billed correctly. That means that you will receive bills that look like you don’t have solar at all. You will just see lower billed kWh than before. They will then reverse those incorrect bills and bill them in the NEM or NBT billing system. I have not heard that anyone has received NEM 3 bills on the new Net Billing Tariff yet, so you will probably receive your first corrected bills on NEM2. When the new billing system is ready, then they will bill you according to the new tariff.
Thank you for responding, I was just about to ask. Do I have to change my rate plan on my pg&e.com account but it changed it for me because of what Tesla did in my app which they said it would do but I didn’t believe them ha ha but it did.

The Tesla person also assured me that this E-ELEC plan I am now on NEM 3.0 pays really good for what I sell back and I don’t see how that’s possible from everything I’ve heard he says up to $.55 per kilowatt.

Time-Of-Use Electric Home NEM 3.0

Thank you for responding, I was just about to ask. Do I have to change my rate plan on my pg&e.com account but it changed it for me because of what Tesla did in my app which they said it would do but I didn’t believe them ha ha but it did.

The Tesla person also assured me that this E-ELEC plan I am now on NEM 3.0 pays really good for what I sell back and I don’t see how that’s possible from everything I’ve heard he says up to $.55 per kilowatt.

Time-Of-Use Electric Home NEM 3.0
never heard this for nem3

Reactions: APotatoGod
In the Tesla app, touch the first category, Energy, and select the power pylon icon at the bottom that represents the Grid. This is what mine looks like.
IMG_2687.png

I can’t get over how much lower my production is when it gets over 80 or 85°. The difference is 3300 versus 2300 when it gets closer to 90°
What does your intra-day solar production chart look like? This is mine:

IMG_2689.png

Note the solar icon and Day time period. The chart should be smooth like mine on a cloudless day. I have never noticed a particular temperature sensitivity on this time scale. The sun itself heats the panels more than the ambient temperature. However, if you’re having thermal issues with your inverter, the chart above would look different.

I can’t get over how much lower my production is when it gets over 80 or 85°. The difference is 3300 versus 2300 when it gets closer to 90°
Sounds like an inverter issue. As stated above, your production should be a relatively smooth bell curve on a cloudless day (assuming no shading also). High temps should not incur a drastic drop, as it only reduces the efficiency of the modules (i.e. the bell curve is smaller, not that production falls off a cliff).