Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Need A New Charging Cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can probably fix it for less than you'll pay for a used UMC. Can't guarantee that without checking it out first.

I split the case of the charger, that was a bear! I was not comfortable digging any deeper into it so I called the manufacturer, (North Shore Safety), to ask if they could repair it. They told me it would have to go thru Tesla. The guy told me the part was "potted" and I got the impression that there wasn't much they could do to it other than testing it. I have some pictures but I couldn't figure out how to include them in this note. Being potted, do you think there is any chance you might be able to repair it?

Thanks,
Art

I split the case of the charger, that was a bear! I was not comfortable digging any deeper into it so I called the manufacturer, (North Shore Safety), to ask if they could repair it. They told me it would have to go thru Tesla. The guy told me the part was "potted" and I got the impression that there wasn't much they could do to it other than testing it. I have some pictures but I couldn't figure out how to include them in this note. Being potted, do you think there is any chance you might be able to repair it?

Thanks,
Art

I'd have to check it out first. You could send me the pics for starters. If it's like the MC240 then only the ground fault circuit is potted.