TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I put a deposit for Model 3 on June 4, Changed it last night to AWD

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TM3_Jack, Jun 27, 2018.

1. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

I put my deposit for a Long Range Model 3 on June 4, no Vin assigned yet. I updated it to a Model 3 AWD last night now the wait is 3-5 months. I am starting to regret that discussion. I honestly thought the 3-5 month time frame was for all new order... my order would be a modification and would have a different time line... since my car is queue up.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation.... I even tweet Elon... Worst part about it is i'm going to spend 4,500 dollars more and then might lose out 3750 tax credit... + Tax for AWD....

I even jump on a call with tesla this morning trying to reverse it they said can't be done... I'm a bit disappointed in the company right now... I know it was my fault for making the change, I was hoping if you have a deposit down and you are waiting for a Model 3 already you might have a different time line.

Sorry just needed to vent. Not the smartest move I've ever made... sigh...

2. xcat

xcat Member

Big moment of truth is if the tax credit will reduce by 1/2 at the end of Sept vs the end of the year. We'll know next week once the quarter metrics are released. If there is a risk that I can't get AWD by Sept and the tax credit is being reduced, then I will sure fight to go back to RWD and get my delivery back to the July timeframe.

3. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

@xcat, What do you mean fight to go back to RWD and get your July delivery time frame back?

I have already called this morning to Tesla they said I'm locked in for the AWD can't do anything about switching back. I am kinda disappointed with Tesla they told me its an inventory logistic problem.... I would believe that if they had built my Rear wheel drive... but I'm still just a RN number.

It's all good man I think the AWD will be fun to drive so I am hanging on to that... I might pull the trigger on a model 3... if the Tax credit gets really bad.