Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I put a deposit for Model 3 on June 4, Changed it last night to AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put my deposit for a Long Range Model 3 on June 4, no Vin assigned yet. I updated it to a Model 3 AWD last night now the wait is 3-5 months. I am starting to regret that discussion. I honestly thought the 3-5 month time frame was for all new order... my order would be a modification and would have a different time line... since my car is queue up.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation.... I even tweet Elon... Worst part about it is i'm going to spend 4,500 dollars more and then might lose out 3750 tax credit... + Tax for AWD....

I even jump on a call with tesla this morning trying to reverse it they said can't be done... I'm a bit disappointed in the company right now... I know it was my fault for making the change, I was hoping if you have a deposit down and you are waiting for a Model 3 already you might have a different time line.

Sorry just needed to vent. Not the smartest move I've ever made... sigh...

Big moment of truth is if the tax credit will reduce by 1/2 at the end of Sept vs the end of the year. We'll know next week once the quarter metrics are released. If there is a risk that I can't get AWD by Sept and the tax credit is being reduced, then I will sure fight to go back to RWD and get my delivery back to the July timeframe.

@xcat, What do you mean fight to go back to RWD and get your July delivery time frame back?

I have already called this morning to Tesla they said I'm locked in for the AWD can't do anything about switching back. I am kinda disappointed with Tesla they told me its an inventory logistic problem.... I would believe that if they had built my Rear wheel drive... but I'm still just a RN number.

It's all good man I think the AWD will be fun to drive so I am hanging on to that... I might pull the trigger on a model 3... if the Tax credit gets really bad.