Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I raced a new Acura NSX with my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of all places, I saw a new NSX in the parking lot of my local Lowes. It's a beautiful car, but probably not the one I would use for a trip to the hardware store. :)

The Acura rep showed me the trunk space at the car show last weekend. It's smaller than the trunk space of my 97 NSX....
My wife still likes the look of the car and I have a scale model autographed by the designer Michelle Christensen.

My 97 is definitely no match for acceleration when compared to my Model 3 Performance....

Non Super/Turbo charged cars will show degraded performance as altitude decreases.
Tesla will be relatively consistant regardless of altitude or temperature.

ICE drag racers search diligently for just the right track elevation (low) and barometric pressure to get time slips for bragging rights.

I think you may have mistyped performance degrades as altitude INCREASES.

Supercharged and turbo charged engines also suffer at altitude. There is less air/ oxygen available to suck in and pressurize the the intake so less power.

The higher altitude helps the electric vehicle slightly due to less drag with less air density.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL