Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I should be able to buy Base AP for $3000, not $4000.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I've always said that $5K+ for EAP was too much, but if there were a subscription plan for $50 a month, I'd probably get it.

Now there is the Base Autopilot version for $3K, $4K after purchase, and all the fancy features of summon, navigate, and autopark are now in the FSD package.

That's fine with me, because during my V.8 and V.9 autopilot free trials last year, I tried summon and navigate on autopilot. The summon doesn't do much for me, I wouldn't trust it to auto park, and the navigate on autopilot worked right only once or twice, making turns for me when getting off the PA Turnpike. So that's just extra stuff I'd never use.

So now AP, with the TACC and driving functions I actually did use can be bought for $3000, or $4000 after purchase.

Mmmmmmm...... that's closer to a price I could live with, but still not optimal. I could whip out the credit card right now and get it, but... meh.

My complaint (you knew this was coming!:D) is that the $3K purchase price is only available at time of order, and I'd have to pay $4K now. Why? Why should I be penalized ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS? I know, I know, Tesla needs my $1000 to not go bankwupt, but I mean aside from that. The $3K option was never there when I ordered my car, so I feel I am being unjustly penalized here, it's bad enough that I had to spend $14,000 extra to get my 3 with options I could have lived without when I got the car last May. I need to get a deal on something here!:eek:

Tesla shouldn't think of it as losing 1000 if they give it to me for 3000, they should think of it as losing 3000 because I won't pay 4000.

@timk225 I'm on the same boat as you. Considering by daily commute is less than 20 miles round trip, the 5k for AP was an easy pass. At 4k, it made me think about it but still not worth it to me. At 3k, I would whip the credit card out right now and be driving on AP this afternoon going home from work :). Like @redgt hopefully they have a free trial soon and honor the $3k for everyone

I've always said that $5K+ for EAP was too much, but if there were a subscription plan for $50 a month, I'd probably get it.

Now there is the Base Autopilot version for $3K, $4K after purchase, and all the fancy features of summon, navigate, and autopark are now in the FSD package.

That's fine with me, because during my V.8 and V.9 autopilot free trials last year, I tried summon and navigate on autopilot. The summon doesn't do much for me, I wouldn't trust it to auto park, and the navigate on autopilot worked right only once or twice, making turns for me when getting off the PA Turnpike. So that's just extra stuff I'd never use.

So now AP, with the TACC and driving functions I actually did use can be bought for $3000, or $4000 after purchase.

Mmmmmmm...... that's closer to a price I could live with, but still not optimal. I could whip out the credit card right now and get it, but... meh.

My complaint (you knew this was coming!:D) is that the $3K purchase price is only available at time of order, and I'd have to pay $4K now. Why? Why should I be penalized ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS? I know, I know, Tesla needs my $1000 to not go bankwupt, but I mean aside from that. The $3K option was never there when I ordered my car, so I feel I am being unjustly penalized here, it's bad enough that I had to spend $14,000 extra to get my 3 with options I could have lived without when I got the car last May. I need to get a deal on something here!:eek:

Tesla shouldn't think of it as losing 1000 if they give it to me for 3000, they should think of it as losing 3000 because I won't pay 4000.
if you don't think it's worth 4k don't buy it. I don't see how your being penalized. They are offering a different package now that was not available, this is nothing new. IMO, eventually AP, will be a standard feature and cost $0 extra, followed my FSD, on a long enough timeline.

I do think it may be offered for reduced price in the near future, possibly 3k.

FSD is 3k if you already own EAP.
You knew the price would go up after your delivery, we all did. How can you complain? I paid 7k for EAP rather than 5k at delivery. I knew exactly what I was getting into.

The old product is no longer for sale. The new product is cheaper at delivery. You should be ecstatic that you can upgrade your car after purchase. I've never owned a car where that was possible.

Reactions: Glamisduner