Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want a controller for Atari Games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Micro-USB to Red Crystal Dualshock PS4 controller works for me, plugged into a usb hub thats in my front port

Example
4xP47bC
When you say works, is it the analog sticks or the D-Pad that works? My Xbox 360 controller works, but the analog stick is terrible to use.

I have not heard of anything, the analog stick is no fun so I just don't play any of the games.

That's where I'm at. It's too bad Tesla, or some third party, doesn't offer a USB version of an Atari joystick - so we can enjoy it. Like you, I tried it using the screen and steering wheel and determined that this is more of a gimmick than a usable feature.

Reactions: radiocycle
So plugged in the PS4 controller and it seems to work fine but maybe a couple buttons are swapped left to right. I think the XBOX is more intuitive but that may just be me. We have a couple of XBOX Elite controllers and they are totally programmable with a PC so I think they are probably the best bet, you would have to dial in the settings on the computer. We have a couple, I will play with setting one up when I get time.

So plugged in the PS4 controller and it seems to work fine but maybe a couple buttons are swapped left to right. I think the XBOX is more intuitive but that may just be me. We have a couple of XBOX Elite controllers and they are totally programmable with a PC so I think they are probably the best bet, you would have to dial in the settings on the computer. We have a couple, I will play with setting one up when I get time.

How do the dpad buttons do, vs the stick for controlling movement on the Teslatari games?

I just made a video on this subject last week with my Xbox One controller. I kind of expected that every single visitor to this forum would have subscribed to my channel and viewed this by now, along with my other recent Tesla charging and user interface videos.