Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atari 2600

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all!

I just got my (first) Tesla, 2 weeks ago. It's a Model 3. I love it so far!

I was just wondering why I can't find the Atari 2600 in it. In march when I did a test drive, it was there. But in mine, I can't find the game :(

Where is it? or why would they remove it...

Thanks,

Yves

Just wanting to know why people are so obsessed with video games in a car?
Just because you are not interested in something doesn't mean others aren't. Don't be negative towards others' desires when they have no impact on you. If you see something you aren't interested in, then just move along.

ESPECIALLY to a newbie who just joined.

@yves3131: Sorry, but I've got nothing to help you. Hopefully somebody chimes in.

@yves3131 do you see other games? Sonic, etc that are controller-based? If not your console ports may not support data transfer which would be why you’re not seeing it in the UI.

2022.28.2 version of the UI claims Sonic has been added to utilize the glovebox port but I have yet to confirm that personally.

I might suggest plugging a controller into all ports and see if they work, or it forces something appears in the UI. (not saying this is the answer, just what I would do next).

’22 here presumably no data in the center. Last updated added the 3 controller games, but I never heard of Atari 2600 being a thing in a Tesla.

I think you can play more games via a browser, but I don’t remember the website name.

Thanks for your reply :)

Sonic is there and I will try a controller to see if something come up.

When I start Sonic, it won't allow me to play, it ask for a controller :)

We'll see what comes up.

(the reason I want the Atari 2600 in the car is more for the nostalgia reason ;) I like retro-games!)

The games were pushed as part of an update... and it would skip them if your WiFi signal was weak.

Connect to strong WiFi, then open a service request in the app asking for the games update.

Once you get those other games, don't waste your time playing them. Sky Force is where it's at. 😉

From what I've seen, Model Y and 3 with mcu3 (AMD) don't have teslatari games. I've had two loaners with mcu3, plus mine, and neither had the atari games. So any 3 or Y since the around the beginning of 2022 won't have them. They do appear to still be on cars with mcu2 though (Intel)