Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I was never able to schedule service from the app, until today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought this was worth posting since it's definitely something new for my unique situation.

I live in Niagara Falls, NY. My closest service center is Oakville, Ontario. So I have to cross the border to get any service done for my car. This doesn't sound like a terrible issue on the surface but pretty much every single time I've had to bring the car in, actually SCHEDULING service is the biggest task.

I had to get international calling in order to get a hold of them last year when I got my Model S, but they never picked up the phone. So that was waste of cash through my data plan. So instead, I would email the service advisor. Which is fine but that was always slow, and understandably, sometimes it would take an extra email or two to get a response. This was likely one of the major ways this service center handled appointments for customers in Western New York, so I can see how they may have been overloaded (especially with Model 3's finally going out).

Then the mobile app was updated to schedule service. I thought this was great up until I realized it did not support a US customer getting service in Canada. So that was a wash. Then the app updated for mobile service, so all you had to do was enter your address. Well, my address would never show up as a serviceable location. So I was still stuck emailing Oakville, Ontario. (This was even an issue when I ordered performance pedals for my Model S. The website would not let me ship them to Ontario. I had to send them to Ohio, which is a much further drive for me).

Today, I noticed my instrument cluster had bubbles forming in the top right corner. For whatever reason, I gave the Tesla app a shot again, and to my surprise, my address showed up, and I was able to book an appointment for the first time without having to go through the email hassle.

I figured this was a good example of service improving and widening their reach. Hopefully this service actually goes as planned though and something doesn't mess it up!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
There's a new SC in Rochester (Google Maps). There was to be one at the Gigafactory 2 in South Buffalo but the NYS killed it. The Mobile service is great, Tesla has been working toward mobile as a default. I've only had two issues in 3 years, door handle didn't present and the Takata airbag recall. Both done by rangers in my garage.