Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ibackpack.co

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd suggest changing the title of the this thread to something like "Tesla Powered Backpack?"

What do they mean by "Tesla style battery system"? The backpack looks like a bargain ranging from $149 - $249, assuming it works as described. However, they really should clarify if Tesla batteries are being used in the product. If they aren't, the video and website is more than a bit misleading, and I feel pretty sure a lot of backers are going to be a bit annoyed.

If this is using Tesla batteries, it is a very big deal for Tesla and for this company. That's a lot of battery orders from Tesla, not to mention a whole new market for Tesla's batteries. However, until someone clarifies, I'm very skeptical.

iBackPack is a smart bag with Wi-Fi Hotspot, USB Charging, GPS Tracking for $149 | Gizmo Times

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they aren't actually using any Tesla batteries. They say things like "This Powerbank that’s compatible to any iOS, Android or Windows gadget is based on technology similar to that of Tesla’s latest battery innovation" and describe their battery as a "Tesla-Style Battery System." I'm pretty sure that once Tesla sees their material, they will be forced to remove the prominent Tesla logos.

Anybody seen this yet? Next Generation Backpack

Tesla is featured pretty prominently in the video.

/Ed
Ed, I watched the video at the top of the page you linked to and I didn't see any mention of Tesla. The web page does say "Tesla style battery" and show the Tesla logo, which is pretty sleazy since I am certain that Telsa has nothing to do with this product (which by e way does not exist yet, the page is a crowd funding solicitation).
This thread should be in Off Topic. I'm viewing it in Tapatalk and can't tell what forum it is in.

Ed, I watched the video at the top of the page you linked to and I didn't see any mention of Tesla. The web page does say "Tesla style battery" and show the Tesla logo, which is pretty sleazy since I am certain that Telsa has nothing to do with this product (which by e way does not exist yet, the page is a crowd funding solicitation).
This thread should be in Off Topic. I'm viewing it in Tapatalk and can't tell what forum it is in.

It is in "off topic" now.

The interesting thing is that my wife got an email directly from them, she suspected they knew she was an owner.