Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE cars are dangerous.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOTE:

Mind your ears if you're wearing headphones and decide to watch the video below.

Some understandably foul language makes the video Not Safe For Work...

The 'action' starts at 3.27...

(Some understandably foul language makes the video Not Safe For Work, so be sure to turn the volume down if you don't have headphones.) Fortunately, nobody died in the accident, and the crashed semi's occupants, 30-year-old Ryan Young and his seven-year-old son, were taken to the hospital with only minor injuries [My underline], ABC Action News reports.

Source:

Watch a semi-truck go airborne and explode on impact - Autoblog

Additional sources:

Benny Wright – semi truck crash I74 Greensburg,IN - YouTube

VIDEO: Truck driver, 7-year-old son survive after semi goes airborne, bursts into flames

Last edited by a moderator:

It was one year ago when a massive fire at a Chevron refinery in Richmond, California, sent toxic smoke billowing into the air about 10 miles northeast of San Francisco. In the aftermath, more than 15,000 people sought medical treatment for respiratory problems. [...] Nineteen workers narrowly escaped with their lives. [My underline.]

Source (includes transcript, video, audio, MP3 Download & more):

Chevron to Pay $2 Million for 2012 Refinery Fire in Richmond, CA; 200 Arrested at Protest | Democracy Now!

Published: TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2013
3+ mandatory characters... [My edit.]

- - - Updated - - -

I thought with the BART strike being averted earlier this morning that traffic wouldn't be too bad but noooo....

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/05/5624627/truck-fire-off-bay-bridge-snarling.html
Some video:

Last edited by a moderator:
And they almost took out a national celebrity:

Dick Van Dyke helped from burning car - CNN.com
Anyone in the mood for watching 17 seconds of the Jaguar bonfire in question? It comes complete with a little random commentary… :rolleyes:

It is TMZ though, so you’ve officially been warned (!)

Note: And also, as has been …noted above, no Dick Van Dyke was harmed or injured in the making of these films (There’s also one with Dick himself)...

Dick Van Dyke Emergency -- Actor Pulled Out of Flaming Vehicle | TMZ.com

From this thread (posts #33 & #35): 2nd Model S fire effect on TSLA - Page 4

…/ P.S. I test drove a Prius this weekend and asked the sales guy if he knew anything about Teslas. He responded "I heard they catch on fire."

Heh. Yeah, and the Prius never catches on fire.

2004-Toyota-Prius-Engine-Fire-Roadkill.jpg

1506201119731thumb2.jpg

Here's the thing - you damage any car badly enough and it will catch fire. 500 of them happen every day. Many of them self-ignite, like in that first Prius photo. The interesting facts from the two Tesla fires are 1) they were caused by external damage and 2) the passengers all walked away. In the end, that's all that matters.
Some more Prii (?) where some fire was involved:

20120103_prius_meadows_500.jpg

prius_well_done.jpg

crispyprius.jpg

Last edited: