Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideal battery temperature for maximum power output

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any used Scan My Tesla or similar app to determine best battery temperature for maximum power output from battery? Most interested for short term perspective such as 1/4 mile.

We know the battery limits power output at high and low temperatures - just trying to determine sweet spot.

Reactions: BetterSlowDown
Has any used Scan My Tesla or similar app to determine best battery temperature for maximum power output from battery? Most interested for short term perspective such as 1/4 mile.

We know the battery limits power output at high and low temperatures - just trying to determine sweet spot.
Bah... Getting old sucks. I just watched a YouTube video that stated the battery temp the system tries to go for when you activate Ludicrous Plus mode on a Performance Model S, but of course the figure slips my old brain at the moment. I do remember thinking that it was quite a bit warmer than I thought it would be. And, of course, the figure is for the Model S, but I doubt it would substantially different for the 3.

I'll see if I can find it...

Reactions: silverflash
Thanks Phlier

That was pretty much my thought as well. I have a track near me that has a Supercharger 10 miles away. Plan is to leave house with low charge and arrive at Supercharger with about 20%. Charge up to 100% and head to dragstrip. Waits can be long between runs so temperature will drop as more runs are made.

Thanks Phlier

That was pretty much my thought as well. I have a track near me that has a Supercharger 10 miles away. Plan is to leave house with low charge and arrive at Supercharger with about 20%. Charge up to 100% and head to dragstrip. Waits can be long between runs so temperature will drop as more runs are made.
That sounds like a really good plan. I'm sure you already know this, but if you input the supercharger as your destination in the Nav, it'll start to condition the battery to the proper temp for charging, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's a very similar temp to optimum needed for maximum power output.