Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas for Frunk Enhancements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are some enhancements that could improve the Frunk?
-Funnel AC into the compartment to keep your groceries cool during the summer months
-Some kinds of setup for tailgating - What could be done with this one?

Post your idea's.

I don't think the AC will be cold enough to make much of a difference for groceries.. You might insulate the space and use a thermoelectric cooler (TEC) to cool the space. That could get you up to a 40 degree C drop from ambient. I think it will be easier, cheaper, and more practical to use a standard 5 day or 8 day cooler with a bag of ice. With dry ice you have the option of keeping things frozen.

I wonder if it would be practical to make a frunk shaped cooler?

Reactions: Dr. J
I routed a cigarette plug in the trunk to have a 12v access. Can be used for a small chiller.
If you're going to go this far, I'd pulling out the tub (few bolts holding it down), drill a hole in the plastic and install a mountable 12V jack. Get one with a quick disconnect and leave some spare wire, so anyone pulling out the tub can just disconnect it the same way as the emergency open switch mounted there (heck, I'd mount the 12V right next to it so that when disconnecting the switch, you disconnect the 12V at the same time).

Thanks for the great ideas as summarized below:
  • Method for keeping compartment cooler
  • Tailgating setup
  • Spare tire
  • Faraday cage style lining
  • Storage netting
  • Storage compartments of different sizes that could be switched in or out
  • Added power outlet
  • Portable spill proof cappuccino maker
  • Removable hard or soft cooler
  • Extra subwoofer
  • Fish well