Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas to child proof your interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Old joke, how was trail mix invented? Someone removed their kid's car seats and scooped up all the scraps left behind.

What are some ideas to help prolong, protect, and otherwise childproof the interior from kids? I would like to put down some type of back seat cover but would like it to be tasteful. One will still be in a booster seat or youth seat. I'm thinking at least some type of kick guard or cover for the back of the front seats at a minimum. And of course I'm going with the black interior, even though the white looks amazing.

What are other precautions folks have taken?

We got the white interior Model 3 and have a 7, 3, and 1 year old. Rules are simple. Shoes off. No food or drink. Cause that’s mom’s car.

On the other hand, we let them have at it in the black interior Model X which is the main family car. Crumbs, dirt, drink stains, foot prints, we’ve completely given up. We just vacuum every few days and do a more thorough clean up (pulling out the car seats and boosters) every few weeks.

Reactions: donalah