Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Identification by Last 6 of VIN...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...I've got an appointment at the SC on Monday and they have assigned a loaner for the time while they are making repairs. I know that Tesla just asks for last 6 of VIN which tells me (or at least implies) that there is a way to identify Teslas through just that. Does anyone know how or where you can find a decoder for JUST the last 6 of the VIN? I've hit TeslaTap, but that seems to require more information than I have at hand right now (just the last 6).

Just curious to know what they are providing me and this has become a research rabbit hole...

Later...Away...

That's what I was presuming, but since that's all the Tesla service folks asked for, couldn't help but wonder.
Do you happen to have multiple Tesla vehicles assigned to your account? If so, the last 6 digits of the VIN would allow them to quick isolate which of the vehicles you were requesting service.

Other reason they may have requested was simply to do an identify/verification against your user account. Kind of like a secret question type of request if you were making that appointment over the phone.

Also, if you had already given them the model (MS vs MX vs 3 vs Y), then I'm sure they have an internal database where they can quickly pull the full VIN from just the last 6 digits.