Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you bought EAP/FSD but got the 30 day free trial...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Start now. If you wait for it to expire thinking they'll just switch it over, I don't think it works that way. I'm on day 12 and have three tickets open and a visit to the Service Center. Maybe Monday they tell me.
Yes, take it or lose it. Two years ago I had an invitation for my 2015S, but didn’t activate it because I wasn’t driving it at the time (too busy and work is a 4mi bicycle ride). The invite was canceled after a couple of months. I tried to activate it the next summer and Tesla said it wasn’t available anymore.

Actually, I was referring to the fact that my car was purchased with EAP/FSD but not configured for it. No big deal, it was working! It was just on the 30 day free trial. When it expired, I lost EAP/FSD. It doesn't switch automatically switch over and I opened multiple tickets and even took it to the service center. Took 16 days to get it turned back on.

Still don't have a license plate. Day 17 on expired temporary tags. Start early.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Actually, I was referring to the fact that my car was purchased with EAP/FSD but not configured for it. No big deal, it was working! It was just on the 30 day free trial. When it expired, I lost EAP/FSD. It doesn't switch automatically switch over and I opened multiple tickets and even took it to the service center. Took 16 days to get it turned back on.

Still don't have a license plate. Day 17 on expired temporary tags. Start early.
I had the very same issue. After the trial period expired, it did not kick on as they said it would. Calls to service and I got "it should update soon". Updated a day later with a new system software update.

I purchased mine with EAP. It was working fine. One day in late November, I got a pop-up saying I could start a 30 day trial. There seemed to be no correct answer to this. I selected yes because I didn't want EAP disabled if I selected no. Sure enough, 30 days later it said the trial was over and EAP was gone. I called my SC and the only thing they could do is schedule an appointment in a couple of weeks.

I then tried the support chat on the My Telsa web page. They said they could fix it remotely and that I didn't have to do anything on my end. EAP was restored a couple of days later.

When I took it to the service center, it was a Saturday. This was after opening a ticket, opening a ticket with "executive escalate," and talking to the Raleigh sales office who said they'd look into it. After about an hour, they told me it had to be taken care of by an engineer in California and he didn't work weekends. "Maybe Monday." Thursday I get an email from Utah apologizing for the delay and wanting to know if I still had the problem. It had updated overnight and took 16 days.

I had all the relatives in town for Christmas and was showing off the car, even with the expired temp tag. Just couldn't show them the autopilot. We're on Day 19 of the expired tag. I have this vision of an intern still sitting in line at DMV with a briefcase overstuffed with paper forms.

Start early, the problem doesn't fix itself.

When I took it to the service center, it was a Saturday. This was after opening a ticket, opening a ticket with "executive escalate," and talking to the Raleigh sales office who said they'd look into it. After about an hour, they told me it had to be taken care of by an engineer in California and he didn't work weekends. "Maybe Monday." Thursday I get an email from Utah apologizing for the delay and wanting to know if I still had the problem. It had updated overnight and took 16 days.

I had all the relatives in town for Christmas and was showing off the car, even with the expired temp tag. Just couldn't show them the autopilot. We're on Day 19 of the expired tag. I have this vision of an intern still sitting in line at DMV with a briefcase overstuffed with paper forms.

Start early, the problem doesn't fix itself.
Be sure the state inspection was done. I had the exact same issue in Raleigh. I called the Delivery team at Raleigh and they looked up my car. Said there was an "issue" with my inspection (wasn't done, I'm guessing) and I needed to take it to be done. Took it to a place right near the service center that has a contract with tesla so I didn't pay any out of pocket. Inspection guys said they have had lots of these. The inspection was done, I also emailed current insurance showing the Tesla to the delivery team. Two days later I had my plate.

Mind you, they never contacted me. I had to contact them to figure it out. Same as my entire delivery fiasco. Tesla has never contacted me, not once. You have to be proactive with this company.

My plate issue appears to be related to the MVPA. It has something to do with the lien holder being a third party (I didn't get the loan from Tesla). They're telling me the MVPA has to be rewritten and only the folks in California (again!) can do it. I guess they're busy selling MRs as fast as they can. I do remember seeing that the inspection was completed.

To their credit, they've offered to get me a rental car since day 1, I just don't need one. I was tempted to get it and park it at the service center as a reminder of inefficiencies eating into profits.