Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the free FSD trial convince you to purchase FSD?

Do you intend to purchase FSD when your free trial runs out?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Not offered free trial/already had it/other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I like it the one time cost is just too high. Canada doesn’t have subscription option yet but is expected to get it before end of trial, subscription is expected to be around $270 which again is too much. Although I am glad that the subscription option will hopefully exist so it can be used on a need basis.

Reactions: Scubamikey
Hi Technokrat - sorry I should have been more specific - how does Canada view the use of FSD leading to eventually fully autonomous cars?
Do tesla drivers for example believe the hype that full FSD is just a round the corner?

Just curious since it seems so many of us got the free 30-day FSD trial.
Maybe the question should be "has the free FSD (supervised) trial convinced you to buy?". The feature is truly awesome. But I like driving, so the answer is no.

Way more important than getting to use it free is all the new influx of thousand of miles of training and user input. This should catapult this software way ahead of where it's at now.

As much as I like it the one time cost is just too high. Canada doesn’t have subscription option yet but is expected to get it before end of trial, subscription is expected to be around $270 which again is too much. Although I am glad that the subscription option will hopefully exist so it can be used on a need basis.

I agree, I'd probably do subscriptions for say summer months when road trips are more likely. Not sure I'd use FSD much between November and March in most Canadian cities...

Reactions: Technokrat
Maybe the question should be "has the free FSD (supervised) trial convinced you to buy?". The feature is truly awesome. But I like driving, so the answer is no.

Way more important than getting to use it free is all the new influx of thousand of miles of training and user input. This should catapult this software way ahead of where it's at now.

Agree, and since Tesla is the greatest benefactor of all this extra data, maybe we can hold out hope there would be future "trial" months. 🙏

Until Tesla takes liability for accidents/insurance while it's in use (L3/L4/L5?), I wouldn't pay that much for it.

I can't even stop the wipers from working without having to look at the screen (don't tell me to push the stalk and use the scroll wheel, because that triggers the wipers AGAIN), and if they can't figure basic *sugar* like that out, then there's definitely not enough trust I have in their automated systems in climates where you have rain/sand/salt/snow.

$12,000
1000028991.jpg

I was never considering it but having tested the free trial it’s convinced me not to buy it. However, I might consider EAP as AutoPark and Auto Lane Change are good and Navigate on AP adds value (though could be better). That package is still too high…but at half its current price I’d probably be a buyer and I wouldn’t have been able to test those features without free FSD.

Reactions: UncleCreepy
I love the FSD. It navigates beautifully in the construction prone QEW (I live in the Greater Toronto Area). I love the way, it allows other cars trying to merge in to the highways. I like how, is someone does not allow it to take an exit, finds an alternate method to get around this.

On Dixie, we had to take a right but a bus was ahead of us - stopped at the bus stop. It navigated nicely around the bus and turned right.

Tesla is planning to release bi-weekly updates/enhancements. I hope they will.

I do agree $16K is a bit steep especially since it is not transferrable. I will definitely jump in if subscriptions are offered or if it is transferrable.

I have a MSLR 2023 made in December.

Last edited:
Hi Technokrat - sorry I should have been more specific - how does Canada view the use of FSD leading to eventually fully autonomous cars?
Do tesla drivers for example believe the hype that full FSD is just a round the corner?
Honestly not sure, haven’t read or heard enough but I would like to think most folks think it’s not happening any time soon and many still enjoy driving by themselves 😄