Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had a do-over...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must not be following something?
I drove the Model S for 5-6 years and never saw an issue with the headlights? Lotsa of other things nut headlights?
Can you define "performance" in this sentence?
Color temperature? Alignment? I assume I had LED's? (My VIN was under 5000?)
The led headlights aren’t as bright and do not disperse the light as evenly as the previous gen headlights. IIHS rated them as poor.
unless Tesla has fixed this i remember this being the big issue with the facelift models.

The led headlights aren’t as bright and do not disperse the light as evenly as the previous gen headlights. IIHS rated them as poor.
unless Tesla has fixed this i remember this being the big issue with the facelift models.
Sorry to keep on at this ... "previous gen headlights". So mine (VIN < 5000) were OK but later models (X, facelifted S and 3) are "dimmer"?

Sorry to keep on at this ... "previous gen headlights". So mine (VIN < 5000) were OK but later models (X, facelifted S and 3) are "dimmer"?
Yes your pre facelift headlights are actually much better than the post facelift LED headlights assuming you have the tech package, because if I’m not mistaken in the early days Tesla offered different bulbs.
but yes what you have is not what needs improvement.

the model 3 actually has much better headlights.

Good discussion, I am of the opinion that the service and support quality concerns are very valid and should be taken seriously.
I am excited for other manufacturers to enter this space and lead to an overall improvement in the customer experience. I am hopeful that their products will become more compelling and competitive.

I would be very cautious purchasing a new one currently at this price point. You are committing to more than just the car itself.

I vote private party used and go minimum viable to limit interaction with them if you want back into an S.

Reactions: BlindPass