Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois/Chicago model y owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are in Chicago and plan on doing 70% on the front windshield and either 35 or 30% on the front sides. I usually do 35 all around, but with getting white seats, that extra 5% might even out in the long run.

As for winter, I have tinted all of my cars the same and I honestly can not notice a difference. I actually feel heat stays in better during the winter months, however, yes you do not get the added sun heat. Then again, its winter and we get about 10 days of sun usually during those months. LOL

I always use Umbra for all my tint. Nino does an amazing job and backs his work. Plus, I love the Llumnar line of tinting. The bad news is we are getting ours next Monday and Nino is booked until early September :(

Nino is awesome. I am having my front windows tinted to match the back and adding ceramic coating and wrapping the center console at Chicago auto pros as we speak.. would have loved to use Nino... but didn't want to wait.

Nino is awesome. I am having my front windows tinted to match the back and adding ceramic coating and wrapping the center console at Chicago auto pros as we speak.. would have loved to use Nino... but didn't want to wait.
Auto Pro's is great as well, I was impressed by my buddies A6 he had done there.

My main concern was PPF, however, since I have dabbled in PPF before, I ordered a roll and will wrap the front bumper until I can get over to Nino. The tint on the front I guess can wait, but Nino is usually pretty good at squeezing existing customers in before the dates.