Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Shines Program - Signature requested...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GOVA

Mr Gumble
Jul 12, 2013
yes
Anybody in IL received this:

You have received this email because Tesla, Inc. submitted your name as a potential applicant project through the Illinois Shines program. As a customer considering a project developed by Tesla, Inc., your electronic signature on a Disclosure Form is required as part of the Illinois Shines program requirements. Click the link above to access the Distributed Generation Standard Disclosure Form, download and read the form in its entirety, and then submit your electronic signature.

Email received from Tesla, BTW.

im not in IL, but I havent seen anything posted here about something like that. Sounds kinda "sus" to me, for sure. I certainly wouldnt be signing anything if it were me, not without way more than that (and certainly not from an email).

Did you check the email info to see if it was actually from tesla and not just "looks like from tesla"?

You have received this email because Tesla, Inc. submitted your name as a potential applicant project through the Illinois Shines program. As a customer considering a project developed by Tesla, Inc., your electronic signature on a Disclosure Form is required as part of the Illinois Shines program requirements. Click the link above to access the Distributed Generation Standard Disclosure Form, download and read the form in its entirety, and then submit your electronic signature.

This seems to be something that is necessary to do in Illinois to receive incentives and to sell Renewable Energy Credits, RECs. Generic versions of the disclosure forms can be found here: Disclosure Forms – Illinois Shines

Tesla typically wants to own the RECs for the PVs systems that they install, but this might not be in your best interest financially. Read the disclosure forms closely as to what Tesla as your potential installer is claiming for themselves and what you get to keep for yourself. This could change the overall system cost difference between Tesla and other installers.

Reactions: charlesj and GOVA

You may want to call IL Shines program directly and see what's going on, how much you would get if you applied by bypassing Tesla.

Reactions: GOVA