Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

Last year I sold my 2019 Model S to my brother and was prepared to purchase a third Model S Plaid. Then I found out that the yoke was not an option but was standard and a normal steering wheel was not available. This was a big deal for me as I had the opportunity to drive a yoke and absolutely hated it. I went in a different direction and bought a Mercedes EQS 580. One year later the MB has been in the shop for over a week (second time) with unexplainable faults that the local techs can't even trouble shoot. The engineers in Germany are spitballing software patches trying to get the system under control. Whatever the outcome, the MB is going to be sold.

Last week, I found a 2023 Model S Plaid in inventory a few hours from here and pulled the trigger. The acquisition went very quickly. Today, it's in my garage and I could care less how long it takes to fix the Benz. To be honest, there are some features from the EQS that I will miss. The heads up display was convenient. The proximity alarms and overhead camera view also were useful. What I don't miss is the clunky complexity of the software / human interface. When I picked up the Plaid, I sat for five minutes and set up my whole profile exactly the way I had it over a year ago. So refreshing. The power of this beast of course defies description.

This is my fifth Tesla if you count the two my wife has owned. I do love the brand. It's great to be home.

Cincy

Hi Folks,

Last year I sold my 2019 Model S to my brother and was prepared to purchase a third Model S Plaid. Then I found out that the yoke was not an option but was standard and a normal steering wheel was not available. This was a big deal for me as I had the opportunity to drive a yoke and absolutely hated it. I went in a different direction and bought a Mercedes EQS 580. One year later the MB has been in the shop for over a week (second time) with unexplainable faults that the local techs can't even trouble shoot. The engineers in Germany are spitballing software patches trying to get the system under control. Whatever the outcome, the MB is going to be sold.

Last week, I found a 2023 Model S Plaid in inventory a few hours from here and pulled the trigger. The acquisition went very quickly. Today, it's in my garage and I could care less how long it takes to fix the Benz. To be honest, there are some features from the EQS that I will miss. The heads up display was convenient. The proximity alarms and overhead camera view also were useful. What I don't miss is the clunky complexity of the software / human interface. When I picked up the Plaid, I sat for five minutes and set up my whole profile exactly the way I had it over a year ago. So refreshing. The power of this beast of course defies description.

This is my fifth Tesla if you count the two my wife has owned. I do love the brand. It's great to be home.

Cincy
FSD Beta's overhead Birdseye overhead view is OK and getting better.

Reactions: AMPd
Hi Folks,

Cincy
😱🤔