Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm going to buy a 5gl of SHC 629

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says i finally just gave up and decided to just buy the 5 gallons of Mobil SHC 629. I know i said the service center said they were gonna toss in ATF and thought I'd just do that too, but since my 8 years has expired i feel more comfortable using the spec they originally said which is the SHC 629.

So here is the deal, I'm getting bids from a few different suppliers to get it cheapest price before i buy. I plan on saving 1 gallon for myself which leaves 16 quarts for anyone else that wants it. I have found some brand new 1qt HDPE bottles that i can divide it up into to get to y'all. I'd be willing to sell to anyone at cost because this crap is more expensive than it should be anyway. Based on the current bids I've gotten it would cost $23/qt plus shipping but I'm hoping for a lower bid to come in from a couple other vendors that havent replied yet.
I can ship anywhere in the USA, done some rough maths and to ship from CA to NY it would be about $18. so use that as an estimate, i could deliver to you in CA or NV but anywhere else I'd have to ship.

Does anyone know if this same spec goes into the 2023 models? If so, I wouldn't mind inventorying some of this fluid.
the service manual calls for EDF-2 Gearbox fluid for the 2021+ as well as some of the 2017-2020 as well, which if you do some digging is basically ATF made by a Korean company (SK) and sold by another company in Texas. But its basically full synthetic ATF

This oil is the spec for the 2012 to about 2017 front drive units up to model F. And it has a lot of spec that is not found in other oils there are several threads on here about using different oils and what people have put in its place. I used some royal purple 75w90 gear oil but I don't like having it in there and want to change it which is why i said **** it and bought this 5 gallon pail of oil.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
As the title says i finally just gave up and decided to just buy the 5 gallons of Mobil SHC 629. I know i said the service center said they were gonna toss in ATF and thought I'd just do that too, but since my 8 years has expired i feel more comfortable using the spec they originally said which is the SHC 629.

So here is the deal, I'm getting bids from a few different suppliers to get it cheapest price before i buy. I plan on saving 1 gallon for myself which leaves 16 quarts for anyone else that wants it. I have found some brand new 1qt HDPE bottles that i can divide it up into to get to y'all. I'd be willing to sell to anyone at cost because this crap is more expensive than it should be anyway. Based on the current bids I've gotten it would cost $23/qt plus shipping but I'm hoping for a lower bid to come in from a couple other vendors that havent replied yet.
I can ship anywhere in the USA, done some rough maths and to ship from CA to NY it would be about $18. so use that as an estimate, i could deliver to you in CA or NV but anywhere else I'd have to ship.

Do you have any left that I can buy from you? I'm about to replace the fluid on my front and rear DUs and could not find anywhere selling this damn fluid in anything smaller than 5 gal.