Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IMHO the Model Y needs more interior color options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm ready to reserve a Model Y dual motor long range in red but I'm disappointed with the two interior color choices. Hopefully Elon will at least offer the same cream interior option as the Model X once production ramps up. The red/cream combo would look very attractive. That's the color combination my wife has in her Lexus SUV.

While many will agree don't count on either more exterior or interior colors in 2020. You can go back to 2013 and find Tesla offered other exterior colors for the Model S but have consistently kept choices to a minimum to maximum the bottom line. Perhaps with their financials improving they will reconsider. At least lets hope so. Here is an example of an earlier color option.
Model S Brown.PNG

Yep, I love the brown. I'm not a fan of the current red, but some of the other reds were much nicer. Some higher-end expensive paint processes would probably go over quite well.

I could see a double-thick option being readily accepted!

I love that reddish brown interior that Lexus has. I also love my black and red interior in my current Lexus NX. I would totally get a brown leather interior in either of the car colors I'm considering (either blue or white).
Rioja Red!
Had a 2016 Lexus RC 350 F Sport and it had that interior. Loved that color.

Attachments

• lexus001.jpg
    lexus001.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Love
Reactions: rylangreg
I'm ready to reserve a Model Y dual motor long range in red but I'm disappointed with the two interior color choices. Hopefully Elon will at least offer the same cream interior option as the Model X once production ramps up. The red/cream combo would look very attractive. That's the color combination my wife has in her Lexus SUV.

VERY doubtful. They only have 5 exterior colors. Didn't happen on the 3 so don't hold your breath. Tesla has been trimming the option list for a while to simplify production. Don't let interior color hold you back. The cars are amazing.

I still plan to go ahead with the MY purchase even though the options/configurations list is very limited. Fortunately a few aftermarket companies are stepping in to fill the void by offering interior upgrades (seat covers, wraps, etc.) to allow a bit more variety.