Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

impact of new suspension...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have driven the older suspension AND the newer suspension from say the past month or so, do people notice a difference?? I did notice a harsher ride when compared to my 15 S with coil suspension....
Love the car so much still....

I just got the retrofit done a few days ago on my early build car, its a nice difference.

Before it was noticeably stiff, most bumps were uncomfortable, especially in the back seat. Freeway expansion joints bounced the car, I would cringe over bigger bumps.

After a couple hundred miles on the new setup I don't really notice the suspension one way or another....and thats a good thing! It just works.

Handling is still stable and solid, low center of gravity etc... The newer suspension feels like a much better handling/ride compromise.

For a point of reference my last 2 cars prior to my Tesla S and 3 were BMW 3 series coupes.

Last edited:
Why didn't anyone tell me this thing rotated so nicely, I would have gotten one a long time ago! :D

I'd call a 403XX VIN a darn near perfect compromise between sportiness and good road manners. It's turns in so quickly and stays so flat my brain just keeps thinking it must be stiffer than it is.

I must have gotten the older suspension my VIN 23xxx. The entire car bounces over any slight bump. It doesn't hurt, but the bounciness is out of control in my Model 3.

Keep in mine, I'm coming from/comparing to some pretty hard core sports cars, so what you have for a past frame of reference will certainly color your perceptions. You'll feel the road, it just won't be jarring, which is the hallmark of a well tuned sports-suspension car. It's no lexus, nor should it be.