Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incoming MYLR On Lease, What Can/Can't Be Done?

Zer0Her0

Jul 10, 2021
Lake Wylie, SC
Hey folks I've got an White MYLR w/Black Interior & 20" Induction wheels incoming with an ever-changing EDD (now Sept 16-30).

First thing I'll be doing is getting the windshield lightly tinted and front driver/passenger windows matched to the rear windows. I love the low look of the MYP so was curious to see if I can get it lowered about .5-1". Add on a spoiler as well...

Curious to see if anyone has ventured with further yet temporary cosmetic upgrades though in a lease?

N1L CO2

Jul 10, 2020
OC, CA
As long as you make sure anything/everything you do (other than tint) is completely reversible back to OEM/stock, you should be fine. Remember, Tesla is a huge PITA when it comes to getting warranty-covered work done on your vehicle. They will be more than happy to take your money if they can prove that something you put on aftermarket is a cause for malfunctioning components. Or even worse, void your warranty all together.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC