Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inconsistent Charging at Home [in stats screen in tesla app]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen where at home charging flips between home and other? Besides the very first day all my charging has been done at home and I have home set in navigation.

Attachments

• AE4B6008-1059-44DD-BFD8-767F518FA58C.png
    AE4B6008-1059-44DD-BFD8-767F518FA58C.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 76
Yes this has happened to me since i got my MY a month ago. My guess is the location has to be close enough on the map to the center of the address to count as home. I check my location in the app when it's parked to make sure it's getting the right address. i noticed it changes depending on where i park in my driveway, at least i'm hoping that's the answer...

Yes this has happened to me since i got my MY a month ago. My guess is the location has to be close enough on the map to the center of the address to count as home. I check my location in the app when it's parked to make sure it's getting the right address. i noticed it changes depending on where i park in my driveway, at least i'm hoping that's the answer...
Could be though I park in my garage and some days it starts as home but then ends ad other. Very odd.

That happened in the first week we had the model Y we got in March. But it has simply said Home for many, many charges since.

My very first (and so far only) charge on the Model 3 RWD I got last week was logged as split between home and elsewhere. And, yes, I had configured the home location hours earlier.

Just to add confusion, I've noticed that the app sometimes reports the current location of our model Y as being one of the nearest neighbor addresses rather than my own.

I suspect this may be down to a multipath problem causing the GPS to report a location a couple of hundred feet wrong for a while. We have a nearby mountain that apparently has some surfaces with the right position, shape, and material to have that effect on a good Garmin unit I've run here routinely for years.

Reactions: samfsu