Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incorrect Local SC's in App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took a trip to San Diego from Redondo Beach and as expected, the superchargers close to the area I was in were reflected correctly in the app. I came home on Sunday afternoon and since then the app (iOS version 3.10.4) is still showing the supercharges in the San Diego area instead of those were I am now. I've killed and restarted the app several times and it is still showing the San Diego SC's. Any hot tips on how to fix this?

I recently took a trip to San Diego from Redondo Beach and as expected, the superchargers close to the area I was in were reflected correctly in the app. I came home on Sunday afternoon and since then the app (iOS version 3.10.4) is still showing the supercharges in the San Diego area instead of those were I am now. I've killed and restarted the app several times and it is still showing the San Diego SC's. Any hot tips on how to fix this?

I have seen some truly odd ideas about what the closest Superchargers are, as reflected in the app. (Note: It's not the app's fault. It makes a call to a backend server at Tesla that basically says, "tell me the information about the Superchargers closest to where the car is" and the server responds with the names, stall occupancy, etc.) In cases like this, I've seen a return to sanity overnight...it sounds like it's been longer than that for you. I've given up trying to understand how it computes this list. Maybe reboot your car? o_O

Bruce.

I have seen some truly odd ideas about what the closest Superchargers are, as reflected in the app. (Note: It's not the app's fault. It makes a call to a backend server at Tesla that basically says, "tell me the information about the Superchargers closest to where the car is" and the server responds with the names, stall occupancy, etc.) In cases like this, I've seen a return to sanity overnight...it sounds like it's been longer than that for you. I've given up trying to understand how it computes this list. Maybe reboot your car? o_O

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce. I've also seen this happen and return to the correct information within a day or so. This is the longest it's gone for me though.