Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increasingly noisy drivers seat: new Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tinm

2020 Model S LR+ Owner
May 3, 2015
New Mexico, USA
Took delivery June 19th of a Model S LR+ with black/white premium interior.

After just a day or two I noticed driver’s seat starting to make some noises while I was seated.

Each day since the noise has gotten worse.

Now it sounds like a frickin’ rocking chair! Creaks, squeaks, groans, crunches, snaps, cracks—I’m starting to wonder if it is falling apart. If I physically make the slightest shift of body, like lean fwd or to the side a half inch the chair has something to say about it.

My 2013 S which I traded in for this never had this problem.

Anyone else see this with their brand new S??

After just a day or two I noticed driver’s seat starting to make some noises while I was seated.

Now it sounds like a frickin’ rocking chair! Creaks, squeaks, groans, crunches, snaps, cracks—I’m starting to wonder if it is falling apart. If I physically make the slightest shift of body, like lean fwd or to the side a half inch the chair has something to say about it.

I started having these noises in my car and had service look into it. They apparently saw that some insulation was missing and they also added some sort of lubricant to the rails which helped with the snaps/cracks that I kept hearing.

Reactions: tinm
Is that something a mobile technician can fix? I’m 400mi to nearest service center.

More than likely. You could also go poking around the easily accessible fasteners with a few sockets and see if you turn up anything loose. Even if the car is under warranty I usually see if there's something I can do easily / for free to avoid the hassle of taking the car in or trying to schedule an appointment for mobile service.