Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction Wheels Have All Season Tires (not Summer Tires)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several people have taken pictures of the Induction stock tires and found them to be the All Season (M+S rated) variant. These are pretty damn decent all weather tires and way better in my opinion than the non-all-season variant of the same (way better than the Continental ProContact RX that come on the 19" Gemini wheels).
I have to respectfully disagree. At least the stock Goodyear "all season" tires that came stock on the 20inch induction wheels 2022 Model Y are absolutely GARBAGE!! They barely feel like they handle well in rain and they are downright dangerous in snow. Literally dangerous in how badly they grip the road (or not) and they have zero stopping capabilities in slick surfaces. And ice and any sort of deep snow- Forget about it. I had these GY tires on my Model Y barely for a full year and they're already down to 5/32nd depth despite only 11,000 miles. And did I say that they are dangerous in snow?!

I replaced them with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s and the performance is way better. I have never had to swap out winter tires for summer ones despite driving all sorts of sports cars and luxury cars. But only in the Model Y did I feel compelled to change my stock tires in under a year because of how awful they were

Mine are also M+S. This is a big marketing fail on Goodyear's part. They should have different branding.

Don't really care though because I will throw these out in favor of much better tires before the first snowfall. My Model 3 currently has the Michelin Crossclimate+ and I have been very happy with them. They are 3 peak rated all season.
Yup! I agree..In under a year I already threw out these garbage Goodyear "all seasons" that came stock on my Model Y 2022 20" inductions. They were so horrendous. They barely handled rain and were downright dangerous in snow. I replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s.