Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside Front Tire Wear Problem 2015 Model S90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went in for a tire rotation a few weeks ago and about the first 1-2 inches on the inside front tires was really rubbed raw. Tire place suspected an alignment issue but they could not do Teslas so I just rotated(my back tires had no such odd inner wear lines) and then scheduled an alignment with another shop a few weeks later(Mauldin Road tire and auto in South Carolina) and throw on 4 new tires since 2 were in bad shape due to that inner wear. I rock the standard 19 inch wheels and coil suspension.

Problem now is alignment shop came back and said everything is within specs(they made a few minor adjustments but said nothing major was off). Attaching to this thread.

Now I have read that sometimes the way these cars age that its just a suspension issue with the tires "leaning in" w the weight of the vehicle and that Hondas typically face a similar issue? I also read that there are some kits folks are buying to help with uneven wear due to OEM factory known issues like:
ALIGNMENT KIT 1 TESLA S/X

But thats a lot to spend on upgrades for an older vehicle. Anyone see any issues with the adjusted settings by the express align tool this shop used or better settings? Or if no suggestions there, is my only option these 3rd party kits to fix this issue? I still got 20-25k miles out of the Lexani tires I was running even with the bad wear on the inside but coulda got 5-10k more miles I think if the wear had not been so bad on the inside.

Edit - Looks like my last alignment check was 2022 as well and no issues detected there either, but I guess in 2 years time just the natural state of driving about 20-25k miles on these tires wore the heck outta the insides:

Attachments

• IMG_7384.jpg
    IMG_7384.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: