Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorting a 2019 p- suspension for good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Avendit

Apr 18, 2019
EDI
Hi all, first foray out side the UK sub forum so sorry if this has been covered already - just point me in the right direction!

I have a 2019 p- (no pup, with tow bar!) in the UK. Fremont made, it's one of the really early RHD deliveries, and I love it. But the suspension was pants, floaty, sea-sickness inducing on the motorway, dangerous on fast corners. I replaced it with a MPP comfort coilover set, rear camber and toe arms, and eibach roll bars and it's generally been great since for driving.

But the OEM parts keep failing - known problems I believe, but it's annoying. The front upper control arms have been swapped, and now the rear upper fore link assembly is also creaking away. Because of the mods, warranty won't touch it and they make me buy the parts and fit them myself.

Given each time I do this is a pain and a trip to my suspension guy, are there any other bits that have been significantly revised I should just do at the same time? Either with updated stock parts or aftermarket?

I'm also interested if we know what parts have been revised to improve NVH in newer setups? I was lucky and got a really quiet car windwise, but on a rough surface it's hellish noisy, very obviously coming through the suspension rather than wheel wells. Again, happy to add OEM or aftermarket parts to address this.

Probably going to add Solid Front Lower Control Arm Bearings when I do the rear fore links, so front and back will be getting disassembled anyway, may as well make any other changes at the same time.

Intended use is t beyond mostly legal fast road. Might take it on a track once, but I'm not prepping the car specifically for it or trying to win any lap records. P- brakes wouldn't like that.