Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing cargo anchors (or any attachment points) in Model Y rear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody figured out how to create attachment points (loops, anchors) in the back trunk of Model Y? There is probably some usable hardware under the carpeting. If somebody already figured out which part of that needs to be opened up, and could share their insight, that would be nice.
Thanks!

(Hello Tesla - if you are scanning these messages - what's up with this? No attachment points in the cargo area? Any old Subaru has like six fold-out anchors, to say nothing of the much more usable shape of the cargo compartment, without that form-over-function slanting back that Model Y has. I feel Model Y is not really intended to carry cargo)

Reactions: twc
I have been wondering the same thing. I was thinking of bring a spare on road trips. I see people getting the spare tire, but no one talks about how they secure it to the back, so it doesn't kill you in an accident or hurt anyone traveling with you. It does not even have to be a spare, how about other object you would like to strap down. All the other models have some type of anchoring. Look through the manual, it does not say a thing about back cargo anchors.