Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to transport skis safely in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just writing back to post a reference of my ski transport arrangement for my family of 4. Note that the boot bags are not yet in the car in this picture, but they fairly easily fit two on each side.

I don't normally tie the bags down as the ski bag is pretty well wedged in. I'll also not that this isn't probably a good solution for people who baby their skis - I do, after all, have four pairs in a bag 'designed' for two pair...

SkiBag.jpg

Reactions: cusetownusa
Just writing back to post a reference of my ski transport arrangement for my family of 4. Note that the boot bags are not yet in the car in this picture, but they fairly easily fit two on each side.

I don't normally tie the bags down as the ski bag is pretty well wedged in. I'll also not that this isn't probably a good solution for people who baby their skis - I do, after all, have four pairs in a bag 'designed' for two pair...

View attachment 904372

What length is your longest set of skis?. I think you said you have the 175 bag and I think my skis are 176 or 178.

Looks like it fits pretty good. We are a family of 4 also; however, my youngest snowboards so probably wouldn't be able to fit it all in just this bag. I was thinking either going with something like this to fit all 4 skis/snowboard or getting 2 slightly smaller bags to split them up into 2 bags.

Last edited:
What length is your longest set of skis?. I think you said you have the 175 bag and I think my skis are 176 or 178.

Looks like it fits pretty good. We are a family of 4 also; however, my youngest snowboards so probably wouldn't be able to fit it all in just this bag. I was thinking either going with something like this to fit all 4 skis/snowboard or getting 2 slightly smaller bags to split them up into 2 bags.
I think mine are 168 or 170. at some point a longer bag just runs up between the front seats.

two bags might be easier - but I would definitely strap the 'top bag' down. maybe both, as they'd likely be narrower and not wedged between the seats.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa