Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing (used) Carbon Fiber “Novitec” Kit on my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a guy on CL (lease return) selling his carbon fiber kit for a good price compared to new. So I am getting ready to install the kit on my MX. I have dry fitted the parts and they all seem to align pretty well some area’s of gaps. They are overlays over the oem plastic parts. I have looked at other websites that sell kits and that seems to be a common way carbon fiber parts are installed on Tesla’s.

The panels were glued on with a black rubber type compound it peeled off like silicone. I am not sure what the shop used to install these originally. Does anyone know of a good adhesive to hold these panels in place? I need something that is going to set up somewhat quickly . There are areas of the panels that I have to hold down to the oem plastic to make them look good. Gaps you might say. So I dont want the have to hold them in place for hours. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

346F92FE-2819-4681-937B-909E426F5B62.jpeg
11459BC5-0503-4CBF-BDD1-D104DFC7190B.jpeg
Ok, got the kit installed. Looks great, the double sticky tape was a big help. I had to clean the surfaces with denatured alcohol. This helped the tape stick better.

• Love
Reactions: HandleX and P85_DA